Monday, June 20, 2011

Brand Spotlight: Afterthoughts

Hey Girlies!!  

I'm back with another brand spotlight!  This time the spotlight is on Afterthoughts, a store brand polish.  


Another trip down memory lane for this one.  This is also one of the oldest polishes that I own.  I bought this polish from Afterthoughts when I worked there at age 17.  Honestly, I don't think Afterthoughts is around anymore.  I didn't follow the evolution that closely, but I think Afterthoughts was what Icing is today.  Kinda like Claire's older sister :)

This polish is called Waay Kool.  On the swatch below I used 2 coats.  It is a shimmery cloudy steel color.  





Comparison shot:  Top left Afterthoughts Waay Kool
Top right Wet n Wild Rock Solid in Sterling Silver
Bottom Center OPI Brand New Skates

Waay Kool is closest to WNW Sterling Silver, with Sterling Silver showing a bit of brassiness in the steel.  Brand New Skates is a bit lighter with subtle prismatic shimmer.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you ^_^
    Loose shadows, huh? Well it is helpful to use them wet, or to just use a really good primer underneath so the loose shadow will stick to something. I personally love using Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy under my loose shadows. Also, its better to use a flat shader brush to apply loose shadows. Thanks for the comment~

    What a lovely color! I have never heard of this brand though.

    ReplyDelete