Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St Urho's Day Manicure / St Patrick's Day Pedicure

Since today is St Urho's day, I better get a move on and post this!!

(For those of you who may be unaware, check out @Brownielocks' adorable description of the myth, the man, the legend St Urho!  http://www.brownielocks.com/urho.html)


Pedicure Supplies
Base Coat:     Sally Hansen Double Duty
Base Color:    Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in Sheer Vanilla
Layer Color:   Sinful Colors in Irish Green
Top Coat:      Sally Hansen Natural Shine

I don't have too many base coats that I love, so I use the Double Duty strictly as a base coat.  Also, I knew from consulting my nail wheels that Irish Green is kind of a neon color and definitely a bit on the sheer side.  I thought putting down Sheer Vanilla as a base would help some.  


I didn't wait long enough for the polish to dry and seriously smudged a few toes...but it's March and it's still sock / closed toe shoe weather here, so no biggie.



Manicure Supplies
Base Coat:     Seche Wear
Base Color:    China Glaze Flying Dragon (neon) from the INK collection
Layer Color:   Sinful Colors Green Ocean (flaky glitter how I love you!)
Top Coat:      Seche Vite

My Seche duo (buy 1 get 1 free!!  Thanks Sally Beauty Supply!) is my go-to base/top for glitters.  I especially love the thick sealing and smoothing effect of the top coat over coarse glitters.  

I have quite a few Sinful Colors polishes, but it wasn't until this month that I finally spotted Green Ocean in a St Patrick's Day display!!  Yes!  My second purchased flaky glitter (and a steal of a deal at only $1.99!).







I tried to get a variety of shots in different lighting to show how gorgeous the Green Ocean is over Flying Dragon....it is quite an eye-catching green-to-teal-to-blue effect over Flying Dragon's smoking hot purple with shimmer.  Note: Flying Dragon is a neon so it dries pretty matte....I was inspired to use this as a base color by    @Nailsbyasami and her amazing Space Nail.  Thanks Asami!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous combination! I love all the sparkle plus purple base colour, it looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jette!! I was sad to take them off, but glad I bought 100% acetone!!

    ReplyDelete