Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St Patrick's Day Manicure #1

I LOVE nail polish!  I am particularly a sucker for "gimmic" polishes:  black light, glow-in-the-dark, scented, matte finish, suede finish, and color-changing.  Today's St Patrick's Day Mani is from one of my color changers.


In the picture above you can see a bit of color variation on each nail (a bit darker at the tip).  

The base color used was Icing's Hyper Sensitive from the Mood Swings line.  It changes from a dark to bright green based on temperature.  The stamp used is from Konad plate S06.  I used Konad special white to stamp.  I only stamped the thumbs this time because I was extremely tired, but wanted to see the stamp over a color changing polish.


Now for a color test.  First we'll use cold water.


As you can see, with cold water the polish is a pretty dark / forest green.

Now for the hot water test:


As you can see, with the hot water, the polish is a beautiful bright green.


I could use some more stamping practice as my aim is a little off, but all in all I think this is a winner!!




No comments:

Post a Comment