Friday, May 27, 2011

Brand Spotlight - Preview

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been in a bit of a funk in regards to blogging....part of my problem at this point is not knowing where to start. 

Awhile back I sat down and attempted to organize my nail polish collection.  About 4 hours later, I had come up with a nice little Excel spreadsheet.  I like Excel as it enables me to search and sort by any number of things; including, Brand, Collection, Color, Mfr #, and Type (this one wasn't as easy to research and plug in what I found, so I am still developing this column --  what kind of categories do you divide your polishes into (i.e glitter, creme, scented, shimmer, neon, etc.)? 

I've always felt more comfortable when things are in some kind of an order....so we'll start with "A" on the brand column and go down the alphabet. 

First things first, I need to work on a few pictures this weekend, so I'll start briefly with a teaser of the brands I will be talking about in these upcoming posts.

  • "?" aka mystery polish - I have been unable to determine the brand
  • Afterthoughts (store brand)
  • Avon
  • Bonne Bell
  • Borghese
  • CHI
  • China Glaze
  • Cosmetique
  • Cover Girl
  • Crayola
  • Deborah Lippmann
  • Diamond Cosmetics
  • Essence
  • Essie
  • Femme Couture
  • Finger Paints
  • Forever 21 (store brand)
  • Hello Kitty (Not sure what brand....bought it at the Hello Kitty store in the downtown Universal Studios area)
  • Hot Topic (store brand)
  • Icing (store brand)
  • Jane
  • Jordana
  • L.A. Colors
  • L.A. Girl
  • LeChat Dare to Wear
  • L'Oreal
  • Mary Kay
  • Maybelline
  • Milani
  • Nicole by OPI
  • Nina Ultra Pro
  • NYC
  • NYX
  • OPI
  • Orly
  • Piggy Polish
  • Pop
  • Revlon
  • Rimmel
  • Sally Girl (store brand)
  • Sally Hansen
  • Scherer
  • Sinful Colors
  • Ulta
  • Wet N Wild
  • Yves Rocher
  • Zoya
(Whew!  I feel pumped just getting all those down...I am excited!!)

On a side note...I definitely need more racks!! 


Right now I have 3 of the above pictured racks on the wall of my bathroom...I think I need 1 or 2 more at this point.  I am seriously contemplating getting at least one of this kind...



I have to go back and doublecheck, but I believe Fingerpaints have slightly taller bottles, which would be great!!  The only complaint I have about the "Polish Centers" I have is that not all the racks are of equal height and sometimes the row height messes up the continuity of my polish order.

2 comments:

  1. I have one like the first one and I agree, the rows are not the same height so it screws everything up!! Grr, though luckily I just put my mini OPIs in the shorter rows and whatnot. I'm intrigued by this Finger Paints one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a "finish" column in my spreadsheet: creme, shimmer, glitter, foil, etc. I admit I do sometimes have trouble deciding what to put in that column--shimmer vs. frost is a hard one for me, and maybe glitter should be more specific (hex, bar, micro). Maybe someday I'll review them and standardize but probably not.

    ReplyDelete